Saturday, January 1, 2011

New day...new year...new resolutions...


For the first time ever…ever in my life…my New Year’s resolution is not to lose weight.

I almost don’t know what to do with myself. 

This was always a no-brainer.  Weight loss has been my “go-to” resolution for as long as I can remember.  I mean, it was the obvious thing in my life that needed to change.  But, now that I have achieved that goal in my life, I can step back and really see what else I can improve in myself. 

So, this year I decided to look inside.

This year I have decided to try and be a more optimistic person and to stop complaining so much about what I don’t have or haven’t done.  I know I am a complainer and it is fairly obvious when I am not happy and don’t get my way.  It is a trait I don’t like in others and I no longer want to see in myself.  

That being said, I also want to try be less judgmental of people.  Sometimes, I can be very opinionated about what I think is right and how others should live their life and I really want to work on accepting people for who they are…good and bad.  It’s not my job to try and change people.  Not to mention that expecting people to change all the time hasn’t really gotten me very far…except to make me complain more. 

See resolution number one.

Eleven has always been my favorite number.  And in my life, eleven is the number that has always brought me good luck.  All of the blood, sweat, and tears that I went through in 2010 has really set me up for what I can only imagine will be a fantastic 2011!  I am really optimistic that great things are going to happen for me and I can’t wait to see what this year brings. 

It’s going to be amazing…I just know it.

Happy New Year, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment