Sunday, January 23, 2011

DIY: Gastric Bipass?

Have you guys heard about this?!?!?

A NJ based medical supply company started selling a "do it yourself" gastric bipass kit on Amazon.com!  As soon as it hit the news, I stared getting posts on my Facebook wall about it.  Although horrified, I kind of thought it was a joke...I mean, really?  Do people think this is something that is OK?

Then I saw this:



Finding out that this was a real thing was awful.  I honestly can't believe a medical company can be so reckless, while also playing on the emotions of people looking to have this surgery who may not be able to afford it otherwise.  Putting a kit like this is in the general public's hands is just unsafe and totally irresponsible!

So, the moral of the story....you shouldn't do your own gastric bipass, or any other surgical procedure, at home....no matter what kind of deal you get on Amazon.com!

Good grief...

No comments:

Post a Comment