Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Round 2...

Round two of entertaining guests at my house was just as fun as round one!

I have actually been doubly busy this weekend, because not only did I have houseguests, but I also threw my sister a bridal shower for her wedding come this September! This is my sister and her bridesmaids. (my sister is the one in the middle) Congrats, Jillian!

My friend Amanda and her husband Jason came up from Florida to hang out in Beantown! My friend, Mike, has a sticker to drive right onto the beach, so we went for the afternoon and I got to show off that new bathing suit. (it’s already getting a little big by the way, but oh well!)

I’ve never had so much fun, or felt so great at the beach. It’s such an amazing feeling to feel comfortable in your skin after feeling self-conscious for so long. I’m really getting used to smiling all the time!



While taking my friend Amanda and her husband through my second Boston tour in 10 days (YAY for city walking! Like a mini workout!) I re-discovered a restaurant that I absolutely used to love and haven’t been to in awhile.

Fire+Ice!

For all of you who haven’t had the pleasure of going to this place, you need to make a date ASAP! It’s like an all you can eat Mongolian BBQ style place where you go up to a bar of different raw vegetables, meats, noodles, and sauces…pick what you want…and they cook it, right there in front of you. It’s awesome!

The best part for me was, after a small discussion with my waitress about there being no actual children’s menu, I got to pay kid’s price anyway. (from $16.95 to $9.95…go me!) When I got up there, I totally loaded up on the protein and vegis I LOVE while avoiding the starches I don’t need. And the portion size was just right because I did it myself! It was perfect!

It’s funny. Even though I have a doctor’s note that says I can order off the children’s menu, I have never had to use it once! Usually, just mentioning that I have it is enough to shut up any questioning waitress and I have never had a problem.

I also love that I have totally gotten over being nervous about asking for the kids menu. (The amount of money and food you waste by ordering off the real menu gets real old….real quick) I thought there would be arguing, fussing, calling of managers…but no. Usually, they just grab you one. And ask you if you want crayons, too.

Awesome.

Saturday, I will be 6 months post-op. I can barely believe it. How time has surely flown by! I have a special blog entry for that day, so stay tuned! I will be updating how much I’ve lost, and what I weighed before surgery. It’s gunna be nuts…

No comments:

Post a Comment