Monday, July 5, 2010

Disturbingly small...

Happy birthday, America!

It seems funny to me that as I lose weight, I actually start to look forward to doing active things with my spare time and this 4th of July was no exception.

This weekend my college friend Andrea, her husband Douglas, his friend David, and David’s sister Betsy, all came to stay at my house for the weekend. It’s the first time I got to put my guest room to good use. The “Martha Stewart” in me was oh-so-excited. (Seriously, I printed out the “how to be a good hostess” list from Martha's website. I don’t mess around when it comes to entertaining.)

We spent the fourth in Boston for a day trip. Back in my “pre-surgery days” even the thought of this would have made me nauseous. Walking all over the city in 90+ degree weather would cause me to sweat like I had just run the marathon. And not just on my forehead or armpits, either. I would feel it pour (yes, pour) down my back and chest into my underwear. This also caused my shirt and bra to get soaked making all sorts of weird spots on my shirt. I usually ended up a hot mess. So I usually avoided it.

But this weekend we walked all over the city. And I had the most wonderful time, truely enjoying myself outside for the first time in a very long time. Eating was a breeze and I even found a new favorite dining place to frequent. (Shocking, I know)

If you have never heard of Boloco, you are missing out on the best thing EVER. This place makes wraps/burritos that are legitimately to die for. I was a little nervous when we went in because I noticed right away that there wasn’t a children’s menu for me to look at. As much as I would love to, I KNOW I can’t eat a whole burrito. Heck, I probably couldn’t even eat half of one. But then I noticed the burritos come in different sizes.

The first size I saw was an “original” which seemed to be the biggest. Yeah. Probably too much for this girl.

Then I see “regular.” I watched them make one. Hmmm. Nope. Not gunna work.

Finally, I see it. Words that made me smile and relax all at the same time. The size was titled “mini” and it was described on the menu board as “disturbingly small.”

Perfect.

I got what I can only describe as the cutest little freshly made burrito I have ever seen in my entire life. So tiny that it fits into a small purse. We all got different burritos from the menu and they were all delicious. And not only in my opinion, but also to my friends. (who are authentic Hondurans, no less) We all gave this place a rip roaring 2 giant thumbs up!

But, sometimes I fear when I eat something this yummy out at a restaurant, it has to have some bad and extremely unhealthy consequence. But, oh no my friends! I went home and checked their website and loved what I saw! A mini “classic Mexican” burrito (in a bowl) with pork has only 256 calories and a whopping 15g of protein. (with a flour torilla cals=396/protein=19) Either way that’s not too bad for a whole meal eating out!

Don't beleive me? Just click on the image to the right and see for yourself. I'm loving it.

It can’t get better than this, you say? Well…let me blow your mind once more, my friends. This little guy only costs $3.95!!! So, it also costs about as much as a lean cuisine...all while being freshly made right in front of you and tasting way better as well. What a deal! Let’s just say, if I’m going to be eating something “disturbingly small” I want it to be a mini burrito at Boloco. I can’t wait to go back!

(And to all my girls reading this at work...there is one located right behind the hospital. And we can order it online. Sooo...you know my vote for the newest place to order dinner from!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment