Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bat Wings...

Got on the scale and saw I was down 40lbs today! Hooray!

Everyday is still a challenge to getting enough fluid and protein into me. I can't complain though, because the weight keeps coming off and I am slowly shrinking down. I’m really excited about getting thinner, but there some things that I know are coming that I’m not really looking forward to. I went into this surgery aware of them and, to me, the “pros” definitely out-weighed the “cons.”

One of the things I am most afraid of down the road are “bat wings.” You all know what I’m talking about…that flabby, jiggling, arm fat/skin that hangs down and waves along with you as you wave goodbye to a friend. Extra skin around my thighs, butt, or stomach…I can hide. (honestly, thats why I plan on buying stock in SPANX) But arms? They’re right out there…BAM. Smacking you right in the face.

There is not much I think I can do to prevent the sagging skin. But I am sure as hell going to try my best! So, I made sure I got a personal trainer before my surgery and I made EXTRA sure she was aware of my arm fears. I’m really glad that I’m going to start working with her next week.

Despite my new positive attitude, I seem to be reminded of “bat wings” everywhere. So, here’s a clip from the show “Family Guy” that I think about while I’m at the gym to keep me motivated. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are out of control! I love you! Hey when you get a chance please follow my blog..I would like at least one friend to come and read my day to day challenges of course they are not as hard core as you and your "bat wings"(although, you could look at it as going green and using them to get to places!)TEEHEE! I really do love you and I am so proud of you!
    www.teachingshard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once the excess skin starts to cause medical complications, it's removal will be covered by most insurers. Some policies consider a panniculectomy, and its cousins, de facto cosmetic but with the right documentation it will be covered. It usually consists of persistent dermatitis and, unfortunately, mold infestation, but it can be done.

    Good luck and Godspeed. You've got the right attitude and I trust you won't get moldy.

    ReplyDelete