Monday, April 5, 2010

The big "five-oh"

So, yesterday I went to my parent’s house for Easter dinner. The first family holiday where I wouldn’t be eating like I used to. It was interesting….for several reasons. (Most of which I really can’t go into yet)

I know I have mentioned it before, but food is a big deal in my family. And this was the first time most of my family members and friends would be seeing the new way I eat. I knew some people there didn’t agree with my surgery. So, the anxiety about being judged was almost unbearable.

My parents are the cutest people alive. Since my surgery, they have really been awesome. My mom has always checked with me before I come over, making sure she has different soft foods around for me to have. We must have gone over the menu for Easter dinner a million times, until I felt comfortable. So, when I sat down to eat yesterday, I knew I couldn’t have everything, but I had enough to make me happy. And after dinner, when I felt a little uncomfortable but didn’t want to show it, my dad could tell. He came right up with a big hug. Funny how things like that just make you feel better.

But the big news, and the real reason for this post, was that I hit a big milestone yesterday.

Every fat person has a weigh-in routine to make the lowest number possible come up on the scale. Mine has always been very complicated. I must weigh myself in the morning, after going to the bathroom, but before eating or drinking anything. I am only allowed to be wearing a pajama top and bottom…no slippers or socks. Oh, and it must be done before showering, because wet hair adds extra water weight. I know because I’ve checked. Yeah…I’m kind of insane.

But yesterday, after the bathroom and before my shower, I saw the magic number I’ve been waiting weeks for. Yesterday, I was only post-op 6 weeks and 4 days. And when I looked down to the number on the scale, I saw that I had lost 50lbs exactly. This is my lowest weight in at least 10 years. I literally did the happy dance.

Thank god I live alone.

So, in celebration of this milestone (and because I looked just fabulous) I am putting up some pictures my mom took of me. They are kind of blurry because my mom’s camera is from the dawn of time, but I think it gets the job done.

Thank you everyone for continuing to read about my journey and for the support you give me! You can't even begin to imagine how much your support has helped me get to this point. It’s incredible.



No comments:

Post a Comment